Here are some interesting things:
- Fingerprints are signal processors for touch
- Well, that’s one way to decorate for Christmas, but not the recommended way.
- Reminds me of my dad
- This is how I always pictured parenting.
- Via the Macalope, Amen.
And finally, a link that is most likely not safe for work, regarding how one wipes one’s bum… if you ever thought that privacy was dead, keep these interesting stats in mind:
– There is a 50/50 split between sitters and standers
– Each half is completely unaware the other half exists
– Amongst the standers there is a 50/50 split between those that simply stand up and those that stand, turn, and face the toilet.
I think it’s the idea that every person on earth has the same biological needs regarding restroom usage, and yet we’re completely unaware of how other people are meeting those needs, that makes me think privacy, is, in fact, not dead at all. But for something to be private, the vast majority of folks in that society has to agree that it’s a private matter. And that’s what’s really missing from most things today.
Regardless, the article is interesting reading and full of laughs, so long as bottom humor isn’t offensive to you.
Truer words have never been spoken.
How did I miss posting xkcd’s metric conversion charts when they went up?
Thanks for the reminder, peri-renna!
I swear to God, every one of these fucking things is located in Longmont, Colorado. Either that or the bastards that drew the map I was using were high on crack. The map said that 3rd Street becomes Rt 119, but when you drive down 3rd street at 4:45 in the morning you discover that it pretty much dead ends at Rt 119, and then you have to guess, left or right to get to the airport? Bastards.
I haven’t thrown out the map yet — I’m planning to burn it.
I love pie chart humor almost as much as I love puns.