Sucks: when your husband is sick enough that you have to take an unscheduled trip into Philly to take him to the doctor.
Extra sucks: when you get sideswiped on the Schuylkill Expressway by an inattentive woman’s SUV on the way there and now have to get your car repaired.
Ultimate Suckage: when your finally reach the hospital, they decide your husband needs a “tune up” (run of IVs and therapy and such) to clean all the crap out of his system… starting Tuesday and lasting at least a week in the hospital and at least 21 days of IVs.
Yeah… my life’s going to be chaos for a little while. Expect sporadic updates at best.
But there are still 2 Idiocy comics in the queue for tomorrow and Saturday, so you’ve got that going for you.
OK, so for the past few days when I try to start the car, the key won’t turn in the ignition. Oh, it will eventually, but I’ve got to waggle the wheel back and forth, jiggle the key around, curse, etc. Today I finally lost patience, called Nighthawk and said, “Meet me at CJ’s, we’re taking this thing in.”
He replied, “OK, and hey, by the way, my sunroof won’t close and we’re supposed to get torrential rains tonight.”
My car is currently in the shop. My husband’s car has a trash bag taped to the roof to keep the rain out. We have to carpool tomorrow on a night that I have martial arts which means much driving around with the broken-sunroof car. It’s looking like a beautiful week.
Weasel, I think this is that miniature car you were talking about. Not a bad price for a town car, but I suspect that with a 3-cylinder engine it’s safe to say that this thing’s get-up-and-go probably got-up-and-went. Still, if the roughly 40mpg they think they’re going to get out of it is accurate, it’d be a great commuter car.
A few quick notes before I crash:
- I have a sinus headache migraine that would kill small animals. It’s been going on for about 4 hours now. Sleep will most likely elude me. Yay.
- I was able to find two swimsuits in size 16 that I’m relatively sure will keep people from mistaking me for a beached whale and trying to push me back into the water.
- I have both a new scanner and more RAM on order, whoo!
- We bought new wireless phones for the livingroom.
- The battery in the Neon is dead, carpooling continues.
- I’ve started repairing some of the comics in the archvie, making sure they have their copyright notices and that they’re optimized for web viewing. I’ve already trimmed around 300-400k from the file sizes and I’ve only gotten like the first 10 comics cleaned up. Those who are on dial-up should find the place is a little less painful in the near future.
- I think my teeth are trying to burrow through my gums to strangle my sinuses. They don’t appear to appreciate the headache either.
Hey, by the time you read this it’ll be August. (In fact, it’s August now!) Please vote on Top Web Comics! Oh, and happy August!