A slight diversion for jeans shopping
The girls aren’t out of the woods yet, but a short diversion won’t kill us.
A few quick notes before I crash:
- I have a sinus headache migraine that would kill small animals. It’s been going on for about 4 hours now. Sleep will most likely elude me. Yay.
- I was able to find two swimsuits in size 16 that I’m relatively sure will keep people from mistaking me for a beached whale and trying to push me back into the water.
- I have both a new scanner and more RAM on order, whoo!
- We bought new wireless phones for the livingroom.
- The battery in the Neon is dead, carpooling continues.
- I’ve started repairing some of the comics in the archvie, making sure they have their copyright notices and that they’re optimized for web viewing. I’ve already trimmed around 300-400k from the file sizes and I’ve only gotten like the first 10 comics cleaned up. Those who are on dial-up should find the place is a little less painful in the near future.
- I think my teeth are trying to burrow through my gums to strangle my sinuses. They don’t appear to appreciate the headache either.
Hey, by the time you read this it’ll be August. (In fact, it’s August now!) Please vote on Top Web Comics! Oh, and happy August!
Two steps forward…
So, Tuesday’s comic (a semi-serious one, for a change) is in the queue. That’s 36 hours before it needs to be there. That’s progress.
I have three half-sketched comics in my sketchbook now, which is also progress, except that my ages-old scanner is not Mac OS X Tiger compatible, so I’ve kinda stalled.
Today I’m going swimsuit shopping, and maybe to go get a new scanner. Otherwise a new scanner’s going on order tonight.
I’ve decided not to work on the website redesign until the queue is a bit more robust. It’ll give me a chance to mull over the CSS issues, too.
I had a wonderful time dress shopping – it always works better if you take a good friend who has a great sense of humor, and my friend Steen has all of the above. Without her, the insanity of womens’ clothing sizes in the United States would’ve had me in tears after the first hour. With her, we slogged through probably 100 dresses in at least 5 stores, and I came out victorious. Why all the fuss, you ask? This weekend is a friend’s wedding, and it’s an evening wedding, which means formal, and it’ll be the first time I’ve had the opportunity to really dress up in years, and I want to look nice for a change.
Of course, having only slept from 5 to 10:30 and even then not well, plus the hours of coding this morning and the hours of romping the mall this afternoon have left me totally drained. If I make it through the week, it’ll be interesting, to say the least.